We are looking for reliable, trustworthy individuals to work on Saturdays and/or Sundays. This is a great way to make extra money while also supporting your Spiritual Community! Following is the job description:
Weekend Coordinator Job Description
Estimated Start Date: Late-October 2018
Paid contractor position
Weekly Hours: Varies based on assignment – typically 12 – 16 hours per assigned weekend.
Our Weekend Coordinators are a dedicated circle of people who are vital, behind the scenes hands that help prepare the church for our Saturday and Sunday events, and then put things back to “normal” afterwards. Our Weekend Coordinators also ensure the security of our buildings by locking up at the end of the day. Weekend Coordinators typically work two to four weekend days per month and support each other as needed.
Typical Saturday hours are from 8:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., but there are days when additional hours will be necessary. The Weekend Coordinator:
- Opens up the buildings for morning groups (timeliness and reliability are key).
- Sets up various rooms in preparation for Sunday morning activities and needs, including our 8:00 a.m. Sunday Contemplative Worship Service, Friendship Hall, the Foyer, and our youth meeting rooms. Please note – these setups entail moving multiple tables and chairs from storage areas and setting them up in various rooms.
- Makes sure that the church facilities are ready for Sunday morning – disinfect various church surfaces, ensure that the restrooms are well-stocked for Sunday, tidy up as needed, and remove trash ahead of Sunday.
- Provides support to event staff as needed.
- In between setups and other duties, assist visitors who have questions, answer phones, and provide office support.
Typical Sunday hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The Weekend Coordinator:
- Opens up the buildings before our Sunday Services (timeliness and reliability are key).
- Is a contact person for various groups when unexpected needs arise, and will alert the appropriate people as needed.
- Maintains a friendly, helpful front office presence before and during services, answering calls and questions.
- Coordinates with the Youth and Family Ministry Director on when the children need to enter the Sanctuary during the 9:25 and 11:25 a.m. Services.
- Following the 11:25 post-Service activities, puts tables, chairs, and other setup items away, as needed.
- Prior to departure, tidy up as needed, and remove trash.
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy.
- Weekend availability.
- Desire to be of service and ability to deal with a variety of personalities.
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude who is able to make quick decisions.
- Self-directed and comfortable working alone for parts of the day.
- Good organization skills with MS-Office familiarity preferred though not required.
- Ability to lift 30 – 50 pounds, be on your feet a lot and be prepared to walk much of the day.
To apply: Submit a letter of interest, and/or resume to: Laura Maddix at laura.maddix@Unityhills.org.