Estimated Start Date: Mid-October 2018
Reports to: Rev. Kristen Grandon
Direct Reports: Volunteer Coordinator
Weekly Hours: 22
1. Devoted and committed to the Unity movement and Unity Church of the Hills and its teachings.
2. Demonstrated leadership qualities.
3. LUT credential is strongly desired but not required.
4. Team player, high positive spirit-led energy, good organization skills, MS-Office proficiency and an infectious capacity to encourage fun along the journey.
Description of Key Duties:
This is a key leadership position on the staff at Unity Church of the Hills. The strategic focus for the Director of Member Development (DMD) is to establish and engage a clear plan for all ministry participants to successfully engage with the ministry and fulfill their spiritual potential. While this is a shared responsibility for all leaders/members of the church the DMD is directly responsible for setting strategic direction and implementing actions/activities in the following areas:
1. Working closely with the Volunteer Coordinator, ensuring the UCOH Volunteer Ministry is a vibrant, energetic and fun ministry that is meeting the needs of the church and the desires of congregants to serve others, being mindful of fulfilling their own spiritual potential and highest purpose.
2. Along with the Senior Ministers, facilitate the Licensed Unity Teacher (LUT) team so that the needs of the Ministry are fulfilled along with the desires of the individual LUT team members. As facilitator of the LUT team the DMD is responsible to:
a. develop the Spiritual Development Program (SDP) curriculum throughout the year that meets the needs of our congregants with a focus towards continuing as a Central Texas Spiritual Education Center.
b. develop and provide other spiritual education workshops, events and classes that meet and expand the spiritual consciousness of UCOH.
c. create and sustain a mentoring program for congregants wishing to deepen their personal spiritual journey including, but not limited to, congregants wishing to be on the LUT path.
3. Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and oversee a volunteer-led Outreach Ministry.
4. Continue development in meaningful and “sticky” programs for new people to become connected and engaged in UCOH.
5. Develop a continually aware model for why people leave UCOH and, working with the leadership team, develop and implement strategies to offset actionable trends.
6. Continue to develop and implement meaningful Small Group Ministries.
7. Work with the Communications Director to develop and implement communication vehicles in support of all the above activities (including, but not limited to, social media, brochures and collateral, and platform announcements).
8. Facilitate quarterly leadership meetings for UCOH Lay Ministry leaders to build awareness, connection, passion, and collaboration, and ensure mission-centric ambitions are infused in all levels of leadership.
Interested in Joining our Team? Please submit a letter of interest, and/or resume to:
Rev. Kristen Grandon at Kristen.Grandon@UnityHills.org.