This position is now closed and we are no longer accepting applications
Estimated Start date: Mid-September 2018
Reports to: Rev. Brian Grandon
Direct reports: Volunteer team of approximately 16 individuals
Weekly Hours: 24
1. Devoted and committed to the Unity movement and Unity Church of the Hills and its teachings.
2. Familiarity with core Unity authors and other metaphysical writers.
3. SEE coursework is desired but not required.
4. Organized and self-motivated. MS Office, understanding of business principles.
5. Database management, inventory management, retail merchandising strongly encouraged.
6. Team player, people-focused and a heart for service.
Description of key duties:
1. The bookstore manager is one of the first contacts with people coming to Unity, and as such this person is responsible for creating a loving, welcoming fresh atmosphere within the bookstore. The manager also must love people and be a safe and loving presence to connect them into the Unity Church of the Hills community.
2. Responsible for the editorial direction of the bookstore. Advised and directed by Co-Ministers, as well as other leadership of the church, chooses books and other products that are aligned with the church’s mission. Maintains awareness that the bookstore is often the first touchpoint to Unity Church of the Hills and as such, the bookstore ministers to both the congregation and the community at large.
3. Responsible for the financial health of the bookstore. Makes decisions regarding product mix and quantity to balance the financial interests of the church and the needs of customers to have products on hand to purchase when they want them. Chooses products that will perform well and will have a healthy return on investment.
4. Responsible for the leadership of the volunteer team. The bookstore is staffed on Sundays by volunteers. Manages, recruits, trains, schedules, motivates and encourages those volunteers.
5. Responsible for inventory and database management. The bookstore uses point of sale software to track sales, and the bookstore manager uses the software to run sales reports, manage inventory, and do cash reconciliation. Does annual inventory count.
6. Responsible for accuracy and detail. Works closely with the Finance department to ensure that accounts payable and receivable are accurate and timely. Generates requests for checks for consignment vendors quarterly, or as needed. Generates other reports as requested.
7. Responsible for supporting events. Maintains contact with the Director of Special Events and other staff to ensure that the bookstore is prepared to support special events and is adequately staffed. Acquires books for book signings.
Interested in Joining our Team? Please submit a letter of interest, and/or resume to:
Laura Maddix at Laura.Maddix@UnityHills.org