Unity is a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity based on the teachings of Jesus and the power of prayer. Unity honors the universal truths in all religions and respects each individual’s right to choose a spiritual path.
Unity seeks to apply the teachings of Jesus as well as other spiritual masters. We affirm the power of prayer and help people experience a stronger connection with God every day. We emphasize the practical, everyday application of spiritual principles to help you live a more abundant, meaningful life.
We would like to make your visit to Unity Church of the Hills a warm, welcoming experience filled with love and joy. To help you feel comfortable here are a few frequently asked questions from our first time visitors.
Five Unity Principles
Just as there are principles of nature that govern our physical existence, there are also Spiritual Principles that are immutable and unchanging. When we discover these principles and practice them in our lives, we awaken to an entirely different way of being. The five basic ideas that make up the Unity belief system are:
- There is only One Power and One Presence in the Universe and in my life, God the Good, Omnipotent.
- We are Spiritual Beings created in God’s Image. The Spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
- We create our life experiences through our thoughts and feelings.
- There is Divine Power in meditation and affirmative prayer which increases our awareness of our oneness with God.
- Knowing and understanding these Spiritual Principles, also called Truth, is not enough. We must live them.
History of Unity
The Unity movement was founded by Charles and Myrtle Fillmore in 1889 as a healing ministry based on the power of prayer and the power of our thoughts to create our own reality. Learn more about the history of the Unity Movement and Unity Church of the Hills by clicking here.