Every spring men from UCOH and Unity across Austin and Central Texas gather for a weekend of retreat and renewal. It is a time for connection and fellowship, reflection and time outdoors. This experience is powerful and grounding in support of each other as we stretch our spirits into the infinite possibilities. This is topped off by amazing food as we get to break bread with our brothers and listen deeply to our soul.
2018 Men’s Renewal
Taking Flight – The Courage to Soar
Friday, April 20 – Sunday, April 22
It actually takes eagles MORE effort to fly in calm air. In such an environment, they must do all the work. However, by flying into the turbulence from hot air rising or the winds over ridges and hilltops, they are effortlessly lifted. They can rise and soar to greater heights for longer!
It takes courage to take flight, yet when we recognize the incredible lift that exists beneath our wings, we can soar.
This Renewal weekend is about going deep and finding the essence of our inner strength and the courage to take flight and soar to the heights to which we were meant to fly.
- Prepare to go deep, have some fun and bond with fellow man through a series of interactive and engaging sessions.
- Enjoy large group gatherings, small group connection and time for contemplation.
- The grounds offer beautiful surroundings for hiking, meditation and quiet contemplation.
- You are encouraged to bring a journal that you can fill with insights, reflections, and information. It will become a valuable part of your personal library.
- Check-in begins at 4pm
- Dinner at 6pm
- Preflight Checkout starts at 7pm: Preparation for taking flight, grounded in your Passion, Profession, Mission & Vocation (Participation is highly encouraged)
- Standing on the edge of launch – Sunrise Yoga Hike
- Taking Flight – In the turbulence
- Spatial Awareness – Several interactive exercises
- Salt Lick for those wishing to have BBQ
- Time for soaring and reflection
- Evening ceremony – Sharing your experience
- Checkout by 9:30am
- Morning meditation and closing
Saturday, June 2nd:
- Follow Up Day Retreat (included)
Ancient Yoga Center (by JKP, Radha Madhav Dham)
151 Lotus Circle, Austin, TX, 78737
The Ancient Yoga Center is located behind the Hindu temple (Radha Madhav Dham), and offers four spacious rooms for lectures, discussion groups and breakout sessions. The UCOH men will have exclusive access to the Center from Friday night to Sunday morning.
The Center is surrounded by beautiful grounds with spaces for hiking, meditation, and quiet reflection, and has plenty of overnight accommodations, along with full kitchen and dining facilities. Renewal participants will have access to the Hindu Temple and are welcome to participate in ceremonies.
The menu at the Renewal is 100% vegetarian. The food at the Center is extremely palatable. However, to appease the carnivores in the group, the Renewal weekend will include a trip to the nearby Salt Lick for some real Texas BBQ.
UCOH participants are asked to respect the following Temple Policies: Tobacco, illegal drugs, alcohol, and non- vegetarian foods (including eggs) are not allowed anywhere on the grounds.
Shoes worn outside should not be worn inside. However, bedroom slippers are permitted in all buildings (except the Temple itself). To preserve the serene atmosphere, please keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
Weekend rate: $199 per person – 2 nights and all meals; Salt Lick not included. Three-Man Rooms with Shared Hall Bath.
Registration link: https://unityhills.infellowship.com/Forms/390229
Day Rate: $89 per person – Includes 3 meals; Salt Lick not included.
Registration link: https://unityhills.infellowship.com/Forms/390235
Salt Lick: Add $20 per person
Registration Deadline: April 18th
If you have been having a prosperous year, why not offer to pay a portion of someone’s tuition? Select the amount to contribute here: https://unityhills.infellowship.com/Forms/390236