In 2017, the Unity Church of the Hills community has been consciously engaged in a “Year of Transformation” experience. We are now in the middle of third quarter of that journey. Our theme for this quarter is Peace. As part of this experience, the UCOH Spirit Groups, which are concluding this week, have been exploring Peace in their meetings. This coming Tuesday, August 22, we begin a community-wide 40-Day Peace Prayer Experience, which will conclude on September 30, the last day of our third quarter experience of Peace.
We invite you to join us for this simple, effective prayer process as we cultivate a consciousness of peace together. This focused prayer activity will enlighten our awareness of the principles of peace available to us all, and will inspire each one of us to more consistently create the experience of peace in our lives and in the world.
The 40-Day Peace Prayer Experience is open to everyone, and you do not even need to be a member of UCOH to participate. The only requirement is a willingness to learn how to create and experience peace in your life, more abundantly, more of the time. The 40-Day Peace Prayer Experience is a powerful process, largely drawing inspiration from Unity principles and teachings.
The only things you need to participate are:
- A journal to write your daily reflections.
- Thirty (30) minutes of dedicated time for prayer, meditation and written reflection.
- An awareness that God is your Source for all-good, including peace.
- A willingness to release any preconceived ideas of peace.
The only thing you need to do to get started is to sign up here.
Beginning Tuesday, August 22 through Saturday, September 30, you will receive an email every day. We will send these out each day at 4:00 a.m. so you have them available first thing in the morning when you rise, unless, of course, you rise really early. There are a total of 10 daily prayers and the cycle of these prayers will be repeated four times during the 40-day experience.
To receive the maximum benefit from the experience, it is important to commit to the entire 40-day experience to allow your consciousness to be truly transformed into a consciousness of peace. While everyone’s individual experience is ultimately one’s own responsibility for monitoring, we encourage everyone to not miss a single day throughout the entire experience. If you do miss a day, we encourage you to begin again, until you can complete the entire 40-day Peace Prayer Experience on consecutive days.
The daily experience consists of the following steps:
- Begin by finding a place where you will be uninterrupted. Take a few centering breaths before reading the daily peace prayer.
- Read the daily peace prayer silently to yourself.
- Write the daily peace prayer at the top of a page in your journal. Alternately, you may choose to focus on a statement or two that particularly resonate with you. Either way, write it down as the first entry in your morning journal entry.
- After writing down the daily peace prayer in your journal, speak the daily peace prayer out loud. Affirm it at least three times, each time allowing yourself to feel the energy and the power of these words of peace.
- After your third spoken affirmation, simply be still and meditate on the daily peace prayer in the silence for 5-15 minutes, allowing ideas and energies of peace to fill your consciousness.
- Following your meditation, spend 5-10 minutes writing down your thoughts, reflections and impressions of the daily peace prayer in your journal. When you complete your journal entry, go about the rest of your day, allowing peace to be the energy that guides your experience.
- Repeat the daily peace prayer experience the following day, until you have completed four full cycles in 40 consecutive days.
- Enjoy the experience of peace you have created in your consciousness and express that peace in your life and in the world.
As an additional bonus to the experience, share your experience with those in your life or that you intersect with during the 40-day experience, and even beyond. We create peace for ourselves and in the world, one peaceful experience at a time.
So, remember to allow your every thought, word and action to be infused with the energy of peace. If you allow this experience for yourself, you will soon come to know truly that there is “peace in the midst” of every experience. It awaits but our choosing, and our personal choice influences everything that happens in our lives and in the world.
To experience peace, we must pray peace, be peace and do peace.
Ultimately, peace is the end game for everyone. Peace is the experience we most deeply desire, the real reason behind our every choice. Insure that peace is the experience you experience by choosing to cultivate a consciousness of peace within your own being. As you do, you will naturally express and share the experience of peace that you know with everyone you encounter.
As Dr. David Hawkins once wrote:
“Each individual’s evolution of spiritual consciousness contributes to the progress of the consciousness level of all mankind. The effects of actions that emerge from compassion and peace are the result of intention.”
In other words, we create peace through our intention. Peace is not accidental or happenstance. It is actively created through our individual and collective choices. “If peace is going to be, it is up to me.” This is the mantra for a bringer of peace. Bring the peace. Be the peace.